Get a smart thermostat installation service for your Atlanta home
A smart thermostat helps you stay comfortable and save energy. At PV, we can help you select the right thermostat for your home.
We’ll install it and set it up, too.
Is a smart thermostat worth it?
Our clients who have them sure think so! Here are a few reasons our clients are glad they replaced their standard thermostat with a smart model:
- Easy to use: Let’s face it – many programmable thermostats are confusing. Smart models trade complexity for simplicity and automation. Using them is a cinch.
- Smart home integration: Smart thermostats can talk to your other smart devices through platforms like Google Assistant or Alexa.
- On-the-go adjustments: Need to change your thermostat setting while you’re away? Just open up the app, tweak the temp, and you’re done.
- Automatic programming: Avoid manual temperature adjustments when you choose a Nest thermostat. Nest learns your preferences and sets temperatures for optimal comfort and energy efficiency.
Different smart thermostat models have different advantages. We can help you select the best option for your needs and budget, including:
- Nest: At PV, we’re Certified Nest Pros. Our team knows how to install Nest smart thermostats, set them up for your home, and show you how to use them.
- Trane Comfortlink: A great choice for homes with new Trane HVAC systems, the Trane Comfortlink thermostat also connects to humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and other equipment to deliver optimal comfort with practically zero involvement on your end. ComfortLink thermostats also integrate seamlessly with Nexia home automation systems.
- Ecobee: In addition to standard features, Ecobee smart thermostats can calculate average temperatures among rooms and cool or heat your home accordingly.
What is a smart thermostat, anyway?
A smart thermostat is similar to a standard model except that it uses machine learning technology to adjust the temperature in your home for you.
When you first get one, you set it like any other thermostat. Over time, it figures out when people are in the house when they aren’t, and what temperature settings to maintain. Some models even have motion sensors, so they can keep you comfortable on those occasions when you’re home at a time you normally wouldn’t be.
In addition, most models include an app that lets you set temperatures from your phone. You can set your thermostat up from anywhere. You don’t have to be in your house to do it!
Do smart thermostats save money?
Yes! In most homes, most of the time, a smart thermostat will lower your utility bill.
You see, we often keep the thermostat set at a temperature that’s either too high or too low for what we’re doing. It might take a while before we remember to change the thermostat – or even get a chance to.
By then, the thermostat has overcooled or overheated your home, and you’ve overpaid for heat or AC.
A smart thermostat helps you avoid all of those problems.
Since it “knows” when to turn on and off, “remembers” what temperature to set at any given time, and “senses” when people are in the house, it helps maintain an adequate comfort level while using minimal energy.
Why choose PV for thermostat replacement?
We’re Atlanta’s most thorough and precise heating and air conditioning contractor. In a city full of “box swapper” HVAC outfits, our team takes the time to understand your concerns and applies our vast expertise toward maximizing your comfort.
Smart thermostat installation is a big part of that, especially nowadays.
More Atlanta homeowners than ever are interested in using a smart thermostat to reduce energy and help them stay comfortable. But even if you aren’t sure, if you need a smart thermostat, we can help you select the best thermostat for your needs.
We’ll also install it and test it, so you can feel confident it’s working properly.