If you want to breathe cleaner air, you probably need a better filter.
Air filters are the foundation of all the best air cleaning systems. At PV Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we listen closely to your air quality concerns and help you select the best product for your needs and budget.
What’s included with HVAC air cleaning systems?
A media filter:
- Captures more and smaller contaminants than standard filters (MERV value of 11 to 16)
- Removes bacteria and allergens by trapping particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Does not reduce airflow as much as typical 1″ filters, thanks to its larger surface area
- Only needs to be replaced once or twice per year
- Includes a well-designed filter housing, which prevents air from getting around the filter
This product does everything the media filter does, but it also:
- Contains activated carbon-coated filter media for better odor control
- Neutralizes unpleasant household smells
- Reduces ground-level ozone in your in air
- Captures harmful bacteria and viruses (MERV value of 16)
HEPA air purification systems offer the best air filtration on the market.
- Integrate with your HVAC system
- Offer medical-grade filtration of bacteria and viruses
- Aggressively capture allergens that circulate in your air
These systems are more than just a filter. Since the filter media in a HEPA system is so dense, the device contains a dedicated fan to help move air through the system. You get the best filtration available to anybody with no reduction in airflow through your HVAC system!
Are whole-house dehumidifiers also air cleaning systems?
Yes! Whole-house dehumidifiers dramatically reduce humidity levels inside your home.
And lower humidity means:
- Fewer airborne microbes
- Zero serious mold growth
- Dramatic reduction in dust mites.
Atlanta’s hot, humid climate makes many homes a haven for allergens. Whole-house dehumidifiers can make your air much cleaner by turning your home into an environment that’s inhospitable to dust mites and bacterial growth.
What about a portable home air purifier system?
- Contain a real HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter
- Can effectively filter your whole home, assuming that’s your goal. You may need more than one portable unit to achieve this.
Be sure to ask us about air purifiers that filter particulates down to under 100 parts per million (PPM). In addition to filtering down to this low PPM level, many portable systems come with a 5-year warranty!
Why choose PV Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for whole-house air purifier HVAC solutions?
- We put indoor air quality on the same level as HVAC performance. We think air quality is a key part of well-functioning HVAC systems.
- Our team listens. We help you select the right air cleaning systems and filters for your unique concerns, your home, and your budget.
- When your best option isn’t an air cleaning product, we’ll tell you. Sometimes, modifications or improvements to ductwork are the best solutions to your problem.
At PV Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we consult, design, and install HVAC air cleaning systems that fit your home and exceed your expectations. All you have to do is get in touch.