When outdoor temperatures drop, you need a furnace you can count on to keep you warm.
That’s why a furnace tune-up is so important! You need to be sure your central heating system is capable of performing through the winter.
At PV Heating & Air, our heater tune-up service is the most comprehensive and reliable one you’ll find in Atlanta.
Here’s what you get with our heater tune-up service
Our technicians perform the following tasks when servicing your natural gas furnace:
- Pilot light test
- Gas pressure test
- Inspection of heat exchanger for cracks
- Flue pipe and draft diverter inspections
- Blower motor inspection
- Cleaning of burners and blower motor assembly
- Combustion analysis to protect you from carbon monoxide (CO) leaks
Here’s what our rigorous heater tune-up covers for your system:
- Cleaning of outdoor coil
- Flushing of the drain line and condensate pump (when present)
- Operational tests for the compressor, capacitors, contactors, fans, motors, and limit/safety controls
- Refrigerant charge test and line set inspection
- Temperature rise testing and airflow adjustments (when required)
- Static pressure testing (once per year in spring or fall)
What is a furnace tune-up, anyway?
It’s when an HVAC professional visits your home to make sure your furnace is ready to perform throughout the heating season. Fall is usually the best time to schedule a tune-up.
- Tests the system to verify proper operation
- Cleans and/or performs adjustments that ensure the system will work properly for the next several months
- Inspects the system for problems that could impact performance or cause premature failure
- Verifies proper combustion (furnaces only), so that you can be sure you’re safe from carbon monoxide (CO) in your home
Ideally, your contractor will perform this service once per year. That way, you know you’re set for the entire winter, every winter!
PV Heating & Air‘s annual furnace maintenance service for Atlanta homes
When you sign up for a Priority Service Plan with PV Heating & Air, we visit your home twice per year to inspect and maintain your HVAC system: once in the spring for your AC and once in the fall for your furnace or electric heat pump.
- Annual inspection and service for all items described above (two visits per year)
- Priority service: Jump to the front of the line if you need to call for service.
- Discounts: While the tune-up helps you avoid most repairs, you get a 15% parts discount any time a replacement is needed.
- $0.00 service charges: Pay nothing for service when your system does need to be repaired.
Is a furnace tune-up worth it?
Our comprehensive furnace tune-up helps you avoid two major headaches: the expense of a major repair and furnace failure in the middle of winter. So, is it worth it? Absolutely!
Compared to the potential cost of replacing a part or parts after a breakdown, the cost of PV’s Priority Service Plan (and the reduced likelihood of furnace failure) is a steal.
- $189 for one system
- $288 for two systems
- $384 for three systems
- $96 for each additional system
Why choose PV Heating & Air for your furnace or heater tune-up?
Because we’re different from most Metro Atlanta HVAC companies.
In an industry with lots of unreliable contractors who deliver low-quality work, we take pride in delivering stand-out service, comprehensive inspections and installations, and treating every customer fairly.
When we send an HVAC technician to your home, you’re getting experienced, highly trained professionals who take their job seriously.
We do HVAC, right? Providing proper inspections, repairs, tune-ups, and system installations means we do a lot more work than a typical HVAC contractor. But we think it’s worth it. Not just for us, but our clients and their long-term comfort.