Guide: Atlanta's Best HVAC and Energy Rebates and Discounts
Updated in Summer 2019
Everyone loves paying less for heating and cooling. If you're like us, you also love feeling more comfortable indoors, especially during the summer and winter extremes.
If you live in the Atlanta area, there may be a way to save some cash and upgrade your comfort at the same time. Georgia Power and Atlanta Gas Light both offer a variety of discounts, rebates, and incentives for new HVAC installations and home performance upgrades. Think energy audits, new insulation, air sealing, and more.
Not only that, we currently offer HVAC installation discounts that can be combined with the Georgia Power or Atlanta Gas Light offers. In other words, you can take advantage of the utility incentives and our incentives to pay way less than you thought you would for a new HVAC system.
Here a breakdown of Atlanta's best HVAC and energy rebates and discounts
Georgia Power rebates and discounts
Georgia Power currently offers various rebate programs for HVAC services and energy efficiency upgrades. Basically, you book an appointment with a participating contractor (you know, like PV!). After the service is performed, we submit the documentation to get you a discount.
Important: Most rebates provide "up to" a certain dollar amount. Your rebate might be less than the maximum possible rebate depending on the nature of the service and the equipment involved. And yes, you've got to be a Georgia Power customer.
Current Georgia Power HVAC rebates
- Heat Pump Conversion: Get a rebate of up to $750 per unit when you convert your old furnace to a heat pump unit with a higher SEER. This rebate is also available for dual fuel system conversions.
- Central AC Replacement: Get a $50 rebate when you replace your old air conditioner with a new, more efficient model.
- Duct Sealing: In many homes, sealing your ducts can save lots of energy and make you way more comfortable. Georgia Power will give you up to $300 for getting those leaky ducts sealed by an approved contractor.
- HVAC Service: Get a rebate of $50 per unit during seasons where outdoor temperatures are 70 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Note: Getting a service agreement with PV may actually save you more than this, but you can contact us for the details.
- Smart Thermostat Installation: If you buy a smart thermostat directly from Georgia Power, you could get a rebate of up to $75.
Current Georgia Power Energy Efficiency Rebates
- Home Energy Assessment: When you book an energy audit with an approved home performance contractor, you can get $75 to $150 in rebates depending on the outcome.
- Whole House Improvements: Following your energy assessment, you could qualify for up to $1,150 in rebates when you implement approved energy efficiency improvements.
- Air Sealing: Have an approved contractor seal your leaky home, and up to $150 to $300. The rebate amount is dependent on the nature of the work performed.
- Attic Insulation Installation: Qualify for up to $250 when you replace older, inadequate attic insulation with new blown-in fiberglass or cellulose up to a specified R-value.
- Water Heater Installation: Get a rebate of up to $250 when you replace your old water heater tank with one of these types of water heaters: Integral heat pump water heaters, heat recovery water heaters with heat pump, solar water heaters
- Energy Assessment and Solution Program (EASP): Income-eligible Georgia Power customers may be eligible for free energy efficiency upgrades through this program. There's a form you can use to apply.
- Refrigerator Recycling: Old refrigerators can be energy hogs. Georgia Power will give you a $35 rebate for recycling your secondary refrigerator.
- LED Bulb Discounts: Buy these through the Georgia Power website, and you might save money. They apply instant discounts to your total.
Atlanta Gas Light rebates and discounts
If you're an Atlanta Gas Light customer, the following programs might help you save on HVAC or water heater replacement:
- Propane or Electric Tank Water Heater Conversion: If you've got an old electric water heater or a unit powered by propane (LP) gas, Atlanta Gas Light may offer you a $400 rebate for getting a natural gas unit.
- Propane or Electric Tankless Water Heater Conversion: Get $500 when you upgrade an electric or propane water heater to a tankless unit powered by natural gas.
- Heat Pump and Propane Furnace Conversions: New Atlanta Gas Light customers can receive $1,000 when they replace a heat pump with a gas furnace. If you're an existing customer, you can still get $500 when you replace your heat pump with a furnace. Replacing a propane furnace with a natural gas furnace? Atlanta Gas Light might give you $500, too.
PV Heating & Air rebates and discounts
At PV, we've got HVAC installation deals going on nearly all year round!
Currently, we're offering zero interest for 60 months (5 years) or cash back of up to $2000 for new installations. This offer is available for any new Trane system we install from now through December 31st, 2019.
For additional savings opportunities, check with your utility provider.
These are the best, most widely available HVAC and energy rebates currently on offer to Atlanta area homeowners. However, you might use a different utility provider with its own unique incentives for home improvements and equipment upgrades.
Check to see if your utility provider offers programs that could help you save money and feel more comfortable indoors!