Doing a renovation, addition, or new build? Get the most efficient, quiet, and flexible heating and cooling system for your Atlanta space! A mini-split heat pump installation delivers incredible four-season comfort with the lowest possible operating costs.
At PV Heating & Air, we’re Atlanta mini-split experts with the training and experience to prove it.
Our technicians are certified Carrier Ductless Contractors who know how to properly install and commission these unique HVAC systems.
What is a Ductless Mini-Split System, Anyway?
That’s good because ductless construction and other design features allow the system to:
- use far less energy than typical ducted systems
- Operate so quietly, you won’t even notice it’s running
- Provide variable speed AC and heat to match your exact comfort needs
- Easily divide into zones for more precise temperature control in different rooms
Here are some of the more common ones:
- HVAC for a home addition
- Retrofit or renovation of existing rooms
- Finishing and conditioning a previously unfinished space
- Adding HVAC to a backyard workshop, studio, or detached garage
- Supplemental AC and heat for rooms that are difficult to heat and cool
Enjoy these outstanding mini-split AC installation benefits
- Efficiency up to 33 SEER
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Minimal space required
- Perfect for renovations and additions
- Multi-zone heating and cooling
- Superior dehumidification thanks to variable speed operation
- Flexibility with sizes; get a unit as small as 9000 BTU for your space
- Fully audited installation with a 10-year labor warranty option
- Highly trained Carrier Ductless installation team
- Options for single-zone or multi-zone mini-splits
- Ductless and ducted installation options
- Wall, floor, or ceiling-mounted indoor unit selections
- Carrier Ductless mini-split systems; enjoy the best quality equipment on the market
After your mini-split installation, you can also get a 15% parts discount and $0.00 service charges when you sign up for a service agreement!
Why Ductless Air Conditioners?
Because when you’re pursuing a renovation or addition, your existing HVAC system might not be able to heat or cool the space. And if you’re building a new structure behind your home, you don’t want to install ductwork if you can help it.
Many people think of mini-splits as air conditioners, but they can heat your space, too.
Unless you specifically ask for a mini-split that only offers to cool, your mini-split heat pump will cool and heat your space. It offers year-round comfort, all in an ultra-efficient package with no ducts to worry about!
Can a Ductless Mini-Split AC Heat My Atlanta Home, Too?
Most can, yes. A typical mini-split AC system is a heat pump capable of cooling and heating.
In summer, it functions as an air conditioner. In winter, it removes heat from the outdoors and pushes it into your home to provide heat. It’s the same way typical air source heat pump systems work, only mini-splits do it without ducts.
Oh, and if you only need a mini-split that’s capable of cooling (think AC only), those are available, too.
Did we mention there are ducted mini-split systems, too?
That’s right. Sometimes, you need your mini-split to heat and cool multiple rooms. When that’s the case, you can use a multi-zone mini-split or a ducted mini-split system.
This type of installation usually utilizes short duct runs, so you can still enjoy the superior efficiency of mini-split HVAC!
How a ductless (or ducted) mini-split works
- The system includes two main components: an indoor unit and an outdoor unit.
- The indoor unit mounted to a wall, floor, or ceiling, quietly delivers conditioned air to your space.
- Refrigerant tubing runs between the indoor unit and the outdoor unit, which resembles the condenser unit for your home’s AC system.
- Instead of sending conditioned air through ducts, the air is released directly from the unit itself; this process reclaims energy otherwise lost through duct systems and all but eliminates the fan noise you expect from a standard HVAC system.
- You can install multiple indoor units throughout a home or building and connect them to a single outdoor unit.
- Usually, the mini-split system operates at a low speed, which means minimal fan noise and excellent dehumidification during humid summer months.
Additional Reasons to Consider Mini-Splits
If all the above information isn’t enough to convince you of the many advantages of ductless systems, we’ll break it down even further! More and more homeowners in Atlanta and across the country are discovering the incredible benefits of these advanced comfort systems, and we are ready to help you do just the same.
First and foremost, ductless mini-splits afford excellent flexibility when it comes to heating and cooling certain types of spaces. A single outdoor condenser unit can accommodate several indoor blower units. What that means is that you can achieve different temperature “zones” in areas of your home. Maybe the guest bedroom doesn’t need cooling or heating right now, but the living room needs extra attention. No problem! A ductless heat pump allows you to have different temperatures in each zone.
Additionally, indoor blower units come in a variety of installation options. Both ceiling-mounted and wall-mounted indoor units are available, each with sleek, modern designs. These operate at incredibly quiet levels, and their sleek look makes them an attractive addition to any space.
Rebates and Incentives
Did you know that there are plenty of local and federal incentives for making your home more energy efficient ? It’s true! There are also rebates available for specific models of mini-split systems, both federally and from local utilities such as Georgia Power. Our team will help you navigate these options so you can save on your mini-split installation.
Monthly Energy Savings
A higher SEER2 rating means the unit uses less energy to cool your home, and ductless air conditioners have very high SEER2 ratings. With incredibly energy-efficient operation, the mini-splits we install can significantly reduce your monthly energy usage and costs. Over the lifetime of your system, that can mean quite a bit of money saved when compared to less efficient air conditioners and furnaces.
Mini-split heat pumps are electric, which is a more eco-friendly option for heating and cooling your home. Many homeowners are looking to move away from gas and towards electric solutions, and mini-splits certainly fall into this category. In addition to all of the other attractive benefits of ductless systems, you can feel good about making the switch!
Troubleshooting Your Mini-Split
Why Choose Us For Your Ductless Mini-Split Installation?
PV Heating & Air is an official Carrier Ductless Contractor. Our team has completed on-site training at a manufacturer facility and understands how to properly install mini-split systems:
That’s a big deal. Most Atlanta HVAC contractors use a lot of guesswork when it comes to mini-splits. They’re not accustomed to these systems.
Our fully audited mini-split system installation comes with an optional 10-year labor warranty – the best you’ll find in Atlanta! We also offer certified repair and maintenance for mini-splits, too.
At PV Heating & Air, we care a lot about your comfort and your investment in HVAC equipment. We want you to have the best, most reliable mini-split installation possible. We stake our reputation on honesty and quality workmanship, and we believe you deserve both.