Whole-House Dehumidifier Installation
Less humidity = more comfort and healthier air
Remove excess humidity and improve indoor comfort! A whole-house dehumidifier picks up the slack for your air conditioner, maintaining dry conditions at all times of year.
We'll help you select the right dehumidifier for your home. We'll also install it and perform rigorous tests to make sure it keeps you comfortable.
Dry, comfortable air? Check.
Indoor air quality? You betcha.
Here in metro-Atlanta, summers aren’t just hot – they’re also super humid. A whole-house dehumidifier removes the humidity your air conditioner can’t. It’s an effective solution to problems like:
- Sticky, uncomfortable indoor conditions, even when you’re running the AC
- High humidity during periods of low air conditioner use, like spring and fall
- Underperforming or oversized air conditioners that fail to remove enough humidity
Whole-house dehumidifiers also improve indoor air quality. Dry indoor conditions bring relief to allergy sufferers and help everyone in your home breathe clean, healthy air:
- Eliminate mold growth and prevent it from coming back
- Reduce dust mite populations and prevent the spread of indoor allergens
- Add fresh air ventilation to your dehumidifier to bring dry, filtered air into your living space
I have had nothing but great experiences with PV Heating and Air. They have been servicing my home since 2007 and have always gone above and beyond my expectations
We highly recommend PV to anyone seeking a first-class HVAC and home environment service. They put customers first.
What to expect during a whole-house dehumidifier installation
Here's our step-by-step process for ensuring you get a top-notch, effective dehumidifier installation:
- Determine the best installation method: If we can install a dedicated return duct for your whole-house dehumidifier, we will. In most homes, it's possible to do this. Then we'll connect the dehumidifier supply to your HVAC system supply plenum.
- Use an alternative installation method, if required: If it's not possible to install the dehumidifier as described above, we'll figure out the best way to do so.
- Connect a fresh air duct: This intake duct provides a path for fresh air to enter the dehumidifier. You replace your home's "old" air with fresh, "new" air as the system removes humidity!
- Measure static pressure and adjust: Following the installation, our team makes sure the dehumidifier and your HVAC system still move air properly. If there's an issue, we can always make the proper adjustments.
Can I ventilate my home with a whole-house dehumidifier?
Yes, you can. And we encourage you to add a fresh air intake to your dehumidifier!
During the installation, our team can add a fresh air duct that delivers air from the outdoors directly to your dehumidifier.
The dehumidifier filters the air and removes moisture, so you get fresh, clean air with drastically lower moisture content than the air outside. It's what's called a "ventilating dehumidifier" or "fresh air dehumidifier," and it's a valuable option for nearly all whole-house dehumidifier installations.
At PV, we're serious about indoor air quality.
Healthy air is key to a healthy home. And since humidity has a major impact on air quality, we've made it our mission to help you remove it.
A whole-house dehumidifier keeps you cool and dry no matter the temperature. It helps keep your allergies in check, too.
Minimal mold risk. Fewer dust mites. Fresh, filtered, dry air circulating throughout your home. That's what you get with a whole-house dehumidifier from PV!
Let our team show you the best equipment and installation options for your home. All you have to do is get in touch.