But that doesn’t mean geothermal heat pumps are invincible.
If you’re having an issue with the geothermal heat pump system at your Atlanta area home, PV Heating & Air can help. And if it’s time to replace or retrofit your geothermal system, our team knows how to install these unique HVAC units.
What can go wrong with a geothermal heat pump?
- Elevated electric bills
- Too little airflow
- Too little heat in winter or cooling in summer
- Uneven heating or cooling among different rooms
- Visible water leaks coming from the system
- Strange smells from inside the system
- Unusual noises coming from the system
- Dirty filter that needs to be cleaned or replaced
- Blower fan motor that requires replacement
- Improper ground loop pressure
- Water leaks at the gaskets
- Pump in need of replacement
- Dirty indoor coil that reduces efficiency
- Dirty strainers that need to be cleaned
- Clogged condensate drain
Geothermal heat pump service: What you get
We’re one of the only Atlanta-area HVAC contractors who understand geothermal (aka ground source heat pump) systems.
When one of our technicians visits your home, you’re getting someone who knows how to:
- Check water pressure in the ground loop
- Check the pressure taps going in and out of the unit
- Measure temperature rise or drop across the water in the loop
- Perform a visual inspection for water leaks
- Analyze all gaskets for leaks
- Inspect the pumps to make sure they’re in proper working order
- Install a custom water treatment system to bring pH to the proper level (open loop systems only)
What you get when PV Heating & Air performs your geothermal heat pump installation
- Expertise: Very few HVAC contractors in Metro Atlanta understand geothermal heat pumps. We do. You’re getting an experienced team that knows what it takes to install these unique HVAC systems.
- Load calculation: Without exception, we perform a load calculation on your home to determine the right size for your new heat pump – it might not be the same as when the system was installed before!
- Highly trained installers: Our installation technicians have installed geothermal systems before. They apply their years of experience to ensure a top-notch, high-performing heat pump installation.
- Quality control audit: A few days after the installation, a team member returns to your home to verify proper installation and confirm that the system is keeping you comfortable.
- 10-year labor warranty: Enjoy Atlanta’s best HVAC warranty when you enroll in a service agreement after the geothermal system installation.
How much does a geothermal heat pump cost?
If you’re getting a new geothermal system and you’ve never had one installed before, the cost will be anywhere from $12,000 to $30,000. That’s a wide range because several factors impact the cost: ground loop size and orientation, construction requirements, and so on.
Most installations don’t require ground loop replacement. They’re much more affordable!
For us, the cost for a typical geothermal heat pump replacement begins at $6,500. That includes pre-installation consulting (load calculation), the system itself, installation labor, and our post-installation quality audit.
Why choose PV Heating & Air for geothermal heat pump repair and maintenance?
Because we have unmatched expertise and an unwavering dedication to excellence.
When you choose PV Heating & Air, you’re getting:
- Experienced technicians who understand geothermal systems.
- Geothermal-specific equipment inspection that covers all the unique issues these systems can experience
- A licensed, ensured HVAC company with a reputation for outstanding service
- Discount of 15% on parts and zero-dollar service charges when you sign up for a regular maintenance agreement