At PV Heating & Air, we work hard to determine the right air conditioner size and type for your home. After our experienced technicians install your new system, we also perform a rigorous quality control audit. It’s how we ensure every AC installation we perform in Atlanta meets the highest possible standard.
When is it Time for an AC Replacement?
But there are other situations when you should consider replacing your AC:
- The AC is more than 12 years old: This is the point when warranties have expired, and aging components start wearing out.
- You want a more efficient system: newer systems consume much less energy than old ones. A new system will almost always have a higher SEER2 (indicative of higher efficiency) than your old one.
- The AC uses R-22 refrigerant: This obsolete product is no longer produced in the US or imported here. If your system was installed before 2010, it might use R-22 freon. In the event of a refrigerant leak, system replacement is usually the most feasible option.
- You’re always uncomfortable: This usually means your air conditioner is the wrong size for your home. It’s a common problem, but our team goes out of our way to make sure your next system is the right size.
Here’s what we do to maximize your investment in new HVAC equipment:
- Manual J load calculation that ensures proper air conditioner sizing, no matter how many systems or zones your home requires
- Ductwork inspection to test airflow, evaluate the quality of duct infrastructure, and identify any opportunities to improve air conditioning system performance
- Critical improvements like sealing ducts and plenum boxes with mastic, installing safety switches, installing a new disconnect box, and upgrading your thermostat
- Choices of two-stage and variable speed AC systems that operate more efficiently than standard, single-stage units.
You can trust our team for your Atlanta air conditioner replacement. Here’s why we’re different.
Four words: Manual J Load Calculation
Ok, so that’s three words and a letter. What matters is that we perform a load calculation every time we replace an air conditioner.
A Manual J load calculation is a series of calculations that capable, trustworthy HVAC contractors should perform before recommending a new system.
It’s how we ensure your new AC is the right size for your home! Failure to perform a load calculation can result in an oversized air conditioner that struggles to keep you comfortable.
An AC that’s too big will run for shorter cycles than a properly sized unit, resulting in higher costs and faster wear and tear. It also won’t run long enough to keep humidity levels under control during the summer months.
That’s why our team always performs a load calculation before installing a new air conditioner. We want you to feel comfortable and get an AC that lasts!
Here’s what to expect when we perform your air conditioner installation
- Lots of questions about comfort: We ask about hot spots and cold spots in your home, humidity control, and temperature variation among rooms
- The Manual J load calculation: We always perform one to ensure we install an air conditioner that’s the right size for your home
- A variety of options for different air conditioners: You can choose from standard air conditioners, two-speed, and variable-speed systems. Two-speed and variable-speed systems offer better efficiency and humidity control than standard systems.
- Experienced installation team: This isn’t our first rodeo. Our technicians have installed air conditioners before. They also work for our company and complete 125 hours of training each year.
- Quality control audit: A senior team member performs a rigorous audit of your new AC to ensure it was installed properly and that it’s keeping you comfortable.
- 10-year labor warranty: When you enroll in a service agreement following the installation, we warranty our work for an entire decade. That’s in addition to the manufacturer’s 10-year warranty on the equipment.
Get these options for any AC install
- Standard, single-stage AC: Typically, lower SEER2 (lower efficiency rating), these air conditioners always run at a high speed and turn off completely when they satisfy your thermostat setting.
- Two-stage AC: These mid to high-SEER2 units operate at a low speed most of the time, which improves humidity control. They only run at a high speed on the hottest days.
- Variable speed AC: Most of these ACs are high-SEER2 models. They ramp up and down to match your cooling needs at any given moment. They offer the best efficiency and humidity control.
Which Air Conditioner is Best For My Home?
As you’re considering a new AC installation, it can certainly feel overwhelming when picking the system. Not to fear! Our Atlanta AC replacement experts at PV Heating & Air will guide you through the process. Some of the most important factors we’ll cover when we discuss your air conditioning options are:
The size of your air conditioner reflects its capacity to cool your home, expressed as tons. Your AC needs to be the right size for your home in order to cool it effectively. Many contractors oversize ACs, but we always ensure your new unit is the proper size.
We perform a Manual J Load Calculation to determine the precise size of air conditioner for your home, considering your home’s size, layout, and other factors. This exercise will help focus your options, making the final decision much easier.
Features galore! Newer air conditioners have lots of great options, as cooling technology has improved by leaps and bounds in recent years. Smart home features, advanced variable-speed operation, and higher SEER2 ratings await.
Just like purchasing a car, we know you may not opt for every available feature. Some homeowners may just want a reliable air conditioner that will serve them well, while others prefer to take advantage of great new technologies. We’ll help you understand what the different features mean, how they work, and how they impact your comfort.
The price of an AC installation can vary greatly depending on the brand, the model, and other features the system includes. At PV Heating & Air, we are competitive with our rates and will give you a clear expectation of price before starting the work. Our team will be glad to show you a range of options at different price points and also provide financing options on approved credit. We want you to have a great air conditioner at a price you can afford!
Other Factors to Consider
You may also want to think about how long you’re staying in your home or if you’ll be moving soon. An AC replacement with a great new system can be a solid option in either event, but you may or may not want to splurge if you’re planning on moving soon. Still, a new AC system will add value to your home. If you expect to stay in your current home, it may make sense to invest in a system that is sure tokeep you as comfortable for years to come.
At PV Heating & Air, we are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer. To earn this distinction – and to sell Carrier equipment – our team had to demonstrate our high standards for licensing, training, and customer service. We can help you select a top-notch system from Carrier and other leading brands.
Why Hire Our Team for Your AC Replacement?
Our goal is to ensure you get the best AC for you and your family. Part of that means ensuring your HVAC equipment is the right size and type for your home. To ensure your AC lasts for many years, you also deserve the highest quality installation.
Here are a few other reasons to choose our team for your Atlanta-area AC installation:
- We always perform a load calculation to ensure your system is the right size.
- We’re a licensed, insured HVAC company that sends only experienced technicians to your home.
- Our technicians are employed by us and complete 125 hours of training each year. We do not use subcontractors for any installations or service calls.
- A manager performs a quality control audit after every air conditioner installation.
- We offer a 10-year labor warranty on your new system when we can actively assist in maintaining it through a service agreement.