How Well Does Your Insulation... Insulate?
Insulation keeps the heat inside during the winter and outside during the summer. In many ways, having adequate insulation is just as important as making sure your HVAC equipment works properly!
The thing is, your insulation might not be insulating you all that well due to:
- Air leaks in your attic and crawl space
- Sloppy, sub-par installation
- Damage from pests
- Movement during home renovations
- Lax pre-2000s building codes
What should you do about these problems? At PV, we help you optimize your insulation so you can keep the heat in all winter. Contact us today to discuss the best solution for your home!
Here are several ways we help metro-Atlanta homeowners insulate smarter:
- Sealing air leaks in your attic and crawl space: We remove remove the attic and crawl space insulation and use foam to seal all plumbing, electrical, and air duct penetrations. Then we replace the insulation.
- Applying spray foam insulation to attics and crawl spaces: If you’re encapsulating a crawl space or want to improve the performance of HVAC equipment in your attic, spray foam insulation is a fantastic choice. We apply closed-cell or open-cell spray foam depending on the project.
- Increasing insulation R-value to 40: After air sealing in the attic and crawl space, we can add fiberglass or cellulose on top of your existing insulation. Insulating up to about R-40 makes sense for our climate zone.
- Replacing batts with blown-in insulation: Batt insulation is significantly error-prone. For one thing, it’s hard to install properly. You have to cut it to fit a space perfectly; otherwise, you end up with gaps where heat can move freely! When it makes sense, we replace batt insulation with blown-in cellulose or fiberglass.
- Performing blower door-guided air sealing: Find out where air is escaping from your home! In addition to bigger air leaks in your floor and ceiling, the blower door test uncovers other sources of leakage: gaps around windows, doors, electrical outlets, and bathroom plumbing are common culprits.
Air seal + insulate = be more comfortable
That’s how we do it at PV! Ready to discuss your insulation situation? Simply fill out the form below to get in touch.