Heat Pump System Installation & Repair
Start loving your heat pump system
Heat pumps do double duty. They cool your home in the summer and heat your home in the winter!
If it's time for a new heat pump or if your current heat pump isn't working, PV can help. Our team provides Grade A+ heat pump installations and reliable, long-term repairs that keep your system in top working order.
What kind of air source heat pump service do you need?
How can you tell it's time for a new heat pump? Consider replacing your heat pump system when one or more of the following are true:
- The system uses obsolete R-22 refrigerant and has a leak
- Your heat pump breaks down often and has needed multiple repairs
- It's more than 12 years old and likely nearing the end of its life
- You want a more efficient heat pump than what you have today
- You're frequently uncomfortable; this often means the heat pump was the wrong size for your home all along.
Do you need to repair a broken heat pump system? Here are some common problems we encounter (and fix!) on a regular basis:
- Refrigerant leaks in the coil or line set
- Replacement of capacitors and/or contactors
- Repair or replacement of the condenser fan motor or blower fan
- Cleaning dirty outdoor coils; a dirty coil can impact system performance
- Unclogging a backed up drain line
I have had nothing but great experiences with PV Heating and Air. They have been servicing my home since 2007 and have always gone above and beyond my expectations
We highly recommend PV to anyone seeking a first-class HVAC and home environment service. They put customers first.
What exactly are air source heating and air source cooling?
Great question! Here in Atlanta, most heat pumps systems are "air source" systems. They use heat that's already in the air and move it from one place to another.
In summer, they remove heat from the inside of your home. Yes, your heat pump is an air conditioner.
In winter, they remove heat from the outdoors and transfer it to the inside of your home. In other words, they work like an air conditioner in reverse.
Why you should choose PV for your air source heat pump installation
With us, you're not just getting a "swap-out" of your old heat pump. With every new installation, you enjoy:
- Load calculation: Our team performs rigorous calculations to determine the right size heat pump system for your home. This step matters a lot. In the HVAC world, many contractors install oversized systems because they don't want (or don't know how) to perform this exercise.
- Highly trained technicians: This ain't our first rodeo. All installation technicians are employees, not subcontractors. They also complete 125 hours of additional training each year.
Busted heat pump? We've got you covered.
At PV, our experienced team can diagnose and address any problem with your heat pump. Specifically, we service:
- All heat pump system types, including traditional split systems and mini-split heat pumps
- Every air conditioner brand, including Carrier, Trane, Rheem, Ruud, Lennox, Heil, Goodman, Amana, Bryant, and others
- Single-speed (standard) heat pump systems as well as variable speed and two-speed units
- Heat pumps in single-family homes, apartments, condos, and townhouses
- All system components from the indoor evaporator coil to the outdoor condenser coil and everything in between