Geothermal Heat Pumps
Repair and replacement for your geothermal heating and cooling system
You probably love your geothermal HVAC system. It's ultra-efficient and can provide optimal performance for 25 years or more!
But that doesn't mean geothermal heat pumps are invincible.
If you're having an issue with the geothermal heat pump system at your Atlanta area home, PV can help. And if it's time to replace or retrofit your geothermal system, our team knows how to install these unique HVAC units.
What can go wrong with a geothermal heat pump?
Here are some signs that your geothermal system requires professional maintenance:
- Elevated electric bills
- Too little air flow
- Too little heat in winter or cooling in summer
- Uneven heating or cooling among different rooms
- Visible water leaks coming from the system
- Strange smells from inside the system
- Unusual noises coming from the system
The following issues are some of the most common problems among geothermal systems we service:
- Dirty filter that needs to be cleaned or replaced
- Blower fan motor that requires replacement
- Improper ground loop pressure
- Water leaks at the gaskets
- Pump in need of replacement
- Dirty indoor coil that reduces efficiency
- Dirty strainers that need to be cleaned
- Clogged condensate drain
I have had nothing but great experiences with PV Heating and Air. They have been servicing my home since 2007 and have always gone above and beyond my expectations
We highly recommend PV to anyone seeking a first-class HVAC and home environment service. They put customers first.
Geothermal heat pump service: What you get
We're one of the only Atlanta-area HVAC contractors who understands geothermal (aka ground source heat pump) systems. When one of our technicians visits your home, you're getting someone who knows how to:
- Check water pressure in the ground loop
- Check the pressure taps going in and out of the unit
- Measure temperature rise or drop across the water in the loop
- Perform a visual inspection for water leaks
- Analyze all gaskets for leaks
- Inspect the pumps to make sure they're in proper working order
- Install a custom water treatment system to bring pH to the proper level (open loop systems only)
What you get when PV performs your geothermal heat pump installation
- Expertise: Very few HVAC contractors in Metro Atlanta understand geothermal heat pumps. We do. You're getting an experienced team that knows what it takes to install these unique HVAC systems.
- Load calculation: Without exception, we perform a load calculation on your home to determine the right size for your new heat pump - it might not be the same as when the system was installed before!
- Highly trained installers: Our installation technicians have installed geothermal systems before. They apply their years experience to ensure a top notch, high performing heat pump installation.
- Quality control audit: A few days after the installation, a team member returns to your home to verify proper installation and confirm that the system is keeping you comfortable.
- 10-year labor warranty: Enjoy Atlanta's best HVAC warranty when you enroll in a service agreement after the geothermal system installation.
How much does a geothermal heat pump cost?
If you're getting a new geothermal system and you've never had one installed before, the cost will be anywhere from $12,000 to $30,000. That's a wide range because a number of factors impact the cost: ground loop size and orientation, construction requirements, and so on.
Most installations don't require ground loop replacement. They're much more affordable!
For us, the cost for a typical geothermal heat pump replacement begins at $6,500. That includes pre-installation consulting (load calculation), the system itself, installation labor, and our post-installation quality audit.
Why choose PV for geothermal heat pump repair and maintenance?
Because we have unmatched expertise and an unwavering dedication to excellence. When you choose PV, you're getting:
- Experienced technicians who understand geothermal systems.
- Geothermal-specific equipment inspection that covers all the unique issues these systems can experience
- A licensed, ensured HVAC company with a reputation for outstanding service
- Discount of 15% on parts and zero dollar service charges when you sign up for a regular maintenance agreement