A healthy crawlspace helps you breathe easier
Eliminate mold growth, reduce humidity, and help rid your home of unhealthy air. Encapsulated crawlspaces get you there. They reduce utility costs, too.
At PV, we encapsulate crawlspaces the RIGHT way.
We make your crawlspace clean, dry, and insulated. Simple as that. Our encapsulated crawlspaces include:
- Vent and rim joist sealing: Sealing vents and rim joists prevents humid air from entering your crawlspace and discourages mold growth.
- Vapor barrier: We install a 12 or 20 mil plastic vapor barrier along the floor, walls, and piers. Then we air seal the barrier to prevent moisture entry.
- Insulation: After installing the vapor barrier, we provide an option to insulate crawlspace walls and joist bays, typically using closed cell spray foam. We can also remove fiberglass batts from the crawlspace ceiling.
- Air sealing: Sealing all floor penetrations prevents air leakage between the crawlspace and your living space.
- Dehumidification: An energy efficient dehumidifier keeps your crawlspace dry for the long haul.
- Negative pressurization: When indoor air quality is a top concern, we can introduce slight negative pressure in the crawlspace to prevent infiltration to the home.
What are the benefits of an encapsulated crawlspace? Here’s a quick list of wins:
- No more musty odors: Mold can’t grow in dry conditions, which means no mold will grow inside your sealed, dry crawlspace.
- Better indoor air quality: Lower crawlspace humidity reduces moisture in the living space and keeps mold from entering your home.
- More efficient HVAC: Insulated crawlspace walls bring your HVAC system into the building envelope, improving efficiency.
- Lower energy bills: HVAC equipment won’t have to work as hard, so you pay less to cool and heat your home.
- Fewer insects: Dry crawlspaces discourage insect intrusion, reducing the risk of bugs, like roaches and spiders, from entering your home.
- Increased home value: Encapsulated crawlspaces can increase the value of your home and attract more buyers.
I have had nothing but great experiences with PV Heating and Air. They have been servicing my home since 2007 and have always gone above and beyond my expectations
We highly recommend PV to anyone seeking a first-class HVAC and home environment service. They put customers first.
Pardon our enthusiasm, but encapsulated crawlspaces are just... AMAZING.
We’re serious. The comfort improvements from encapsulation are substantial. Compared to a typical, vented crawlspace, encapsulated crawlspaces are dry and comfortable at all times of year. There’s no mold, low humidity, and insects don’t like being there.
For improving comfort, we often recommend crawlspace encapsulation over HVAC upgrades. It’s that effective.
If indoor air quality matters to you, encapsulating your crawlspace is a smart choice. All you have to do is contact us for an appointment.