Air Cleaning System Installation
Clean your air. Capture contaminants. Breathe better.
If you want to breathe cleaner air, you probably need a better filter.
Air filters are the foundation of all the best air cleaning systems. At PV, we listen closely to your air quality concerns and help you select the best product for your needs and budget.
What's included with HVAC air cleaning systems?
It all depends on the system you choose. At the very least, we recommend upgrading from standard, 1" air filters to media filters. A media filter:
- Captures more and smaller contaminants than standard filters (MERV value of 11 to 16)
- Removes bacteria and allergens by trapping particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Does not reduce airflow as much as typical 1" filters, thanks to its larger surface area
- Only needs to be replaced once or twice per year
- Includes a well-designed filter housing, which prevents air from getting around the filter
Need odor control, too? When odor reduction is a priority, we recommend an air cleaning system with a carbon filter. This product does everything the media filter does, but it also:
- Contains activated carbon-coated filter media for better odor control
- Neutralizes unpleasant household smells
- Reduces ground-level ozone in your in air
- Captures harmful bacteria and viruses (MERV value of 16)
I have had nothing but great experiences with PV Heating and Air. They have been servicing my home since 2007 and have always gone above and beyond my expectations
We highly recommend PV to anyone seeking a first-class HVAC and home environment service. They put customers first.
HEPA air purification systems offer the best air filtration on the market.
Medical grade HEPA filters are air cleaning systems that:
- Integrate with your HVAC system
- Offer medical-grade filtration of bacteria and viruses
- Aggressively capture allergens that circulate in your air
These systems are more than just a filter. Since the filter media in a HEPA system is so dense, the device contains a dedicated fan to help move air through the system. You get the best filtration available to anybody with no reduction in airflow through your HVAC system!
Are whole-house dehumidifiers also air cleaning systems?
Yes! Whole-house dehumidifiers dramatically reduce humidity levels inside your home. And lower humidity means:
- Fewer airborne microbes
- Zero serious mold growth
- Dramatic reduction in dust mites.
Atlanta's hot, humid climate makes many homes a haven for allergens. Whole-house dehumidifiers can make your air much cleaner by turning your home into a environment that's inhospitable to dust mites and bacterial growth.
What about a portable home air purifier system?
When you need cleaner air but you're on a budget, portable air purifiers are a fantastic solution! Just be aware that there are lots of options, and the variation in quality is huge.
At PV, we recommend portable home air purifiers that:
- Contain a real HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter
- Can effectively filter your whole home, assuming that's your goal. You may need more than one portable unit to achieve this.
The portable air purifier should also meet your specific standards for air filtration. Different units filter pet dander, VOCs, and/or other allergens, and our team can help you identify the best solution for your home.
Be sure to ask us about air purifiers that filter particulates down to under 100 parts per million (PPM). In addition to filtering down to this low PPM level, many portable systems come with a 5-year warranty!
Why choose PV for whole-house air purifier HVAC solutions?
Here are three good reasons:
- We put indoor air quality on the same level as HVAC performance. In fact, we think air quality is a key part of well functioning HVAC systems.
- Our team listens. We help you select the right air cleaning systems and filters for your unique concerns, your home, and your budget.
- When your best option isn't an air cleaning product, we'll tell you. Sometimes, modifications or improvements to ductwork are the best solution to your problem.
At PV, we consult, design, and install HVAC air cleaning systems that fit your home and exceed your expectations. All you have to do is get in touch.